Thursday, October 22, 2009

More on Spain's censorship

I’ve written about censorship in this country before and how it’s pretty much non-existent. I thought about this again the other day when I was watching the news. There was a report on obesity in Spain – which by the way does not compare to our problem in the US but they’re worried about it anyway – and they were showing images of fat people walking on the streets. To my surprise, they were not only showing the mid-section of these people, but they were showing their entire body including their faces! Ay, que verguenza!


What was even more shocking was when they reported on cancer de Mama (or breast cancer) in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. They were showing images of a woman having a mammogram when all of a sudden, appeared a bunch of photos of women with only one boob, or half a boob, or no boobs at all! It totally freaked me out! I was not prepared for that at all. They definitely got the job done of making women more aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment