Thursday, September 17, 2009

Que what???

Welcome to my new blog, BCN: Que Cojonuda! Now some of you may be wondering what it means. Let me explain. BCN is the airport code for Barcelona and it’s how I will refer to the city in this blog. Honestly, I’m just too lazy to type the whole name. To describe something as cojonudo is to say it’s great or fantastic. This is actually a slang word that is derived from the word cojones, which are a man’s balls. In a moment of anxiety about the big BCN move, my good friend, Natania, told me that everything will be okay and I just need to grab life by the balls. And there you have it. It’s like a double entendre – damn I’m so witty…ha!


Just like my other blog, Hola Madrid, this is simply my own personal way of recording my life in Spain, while sharing it with people at home without bothering them with daily mass emails. I’m sure no ones cares that much about what I do day to day.


I hope you have fun reading it as much as I enjoy writing it. Even more, I hope to be able to provide a window to another culture and/or give you a glimpse of Spanish life in general.


Enjoy it and keep those comments coming…

No comments:

Post a Comment