Saturday, September 19, 2009

About a Boy

I'm gonna get the mushy stuff out of the way now. This boy will obviously come up a lot in this blog and is one of the main reasons why I'll be in Barcelona.

So, I've always said I will never ever move anywhere for a boy. I never wanted to be that girl that sacrifices everything for one guy and then it all goes to shit and she's screwed and lost because she doesn't have a life of her own anymore.

But then I met Francisco and for the first time in my life, I've met someone with actual potential. Someone who actually likes me and willing to deal with my craziness. Someone who will buy a ticket (a very expensive one too) to a country across the ocean without any second thoughts just so he can see me. Someone who is very honest and just as realistic as I am with this relationship. Someone who I can communicate with way better than anyone else (and he doesn't even speak English!). I don't like it when people make me feel special and do nice things for me - makes me more awkward than I already am and I don't take flattery very well - but it does feel really nice when they mean it and because they want to, not because they have to.

So why not take the risk and move for a boy? And a great one too? In the end I realized I'm moving for myself. The sad thing is there is really nothing for me to sacrifice. If you know me, you know nothing is consistent in my life except my family and friends. I have no job, no proper career, no permanent home, no nothing. I barely have any money in my bank account to last a week. Francisco, on the other hand, has his own business and obviously can't just pack up and go as easily as I can. Between the two of us, I'm more mobile. What's even better about him is the fact that he never ever once made me feel like I have to move there. I made the decision on my own and he's been supportive throughout all my crazy thought process and at the same time, making sure that it is something I want to do.

Some people may say it's too fast. Some people might even be upset because I'm living "in sin". Although I definitely disagree with the latter, I kinda agree with the former. But it's a risk I'm willing to take. I feel better knowing that I tried. I mean, seriously what have I got to lose? If it doesn't work out, then I get my heart broken. I'll be sad for a while but I'll get over it. I've done it before, I can do it again. Just because I'm with a boy doesn't mean I lose my identity. As long as I still have that intact if things go wrong, then I'm good. And if I don't, all my friends know they've got the right to slap me, beat me, or do whatever to get me out of it.

In the end, I've had a good feeling about this from the very beginning. It takes me a long time to make a FINAL decision, but usually I've already decided right from the start. I just need a little nudging to reinforce the fact that I made the right decision. Right now I'm feeling kinda anxious, partly because the packing process is driving me nuts! However, I'm also very excited for this new chapter in my life. What better way to get to know someone than to live with each other. Neither of us have done it and we've decided to learn together. I'm sure it'll be tough at times, but as Francisco says, it's probably beautiful....Oh he's so cute!

1 comment:

  1. I support your decision. I think you made the right one. Life is only going to get better for you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete